Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Amazon, Viacom deal brings more TV shows to Prime Instant Video service

Just as rumors indicated yesterday, Amazon has announced a new licensing deal with Viacom that will add TV shows from its networks -- MTV, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, Spike, Nickelodeon and the rest -- to the Prime Instant Video service. There's still no word on any potential spinning off of the all-you-can-eat video portion from the rest of Amazon's Prime membership program, but it does bring the count of movies and TV shows available to around 15,000, up from the 13,000 cited recently. The details are in the press release after the break, but it appears Amazon will have many of the same selections Netflix obtained in its earlier deals, from MTV favorites like RJ Berger and The Hills to kids shows like Yo Gabba Gabba and iCarly.

Continue reading Amazon, Viacom deal brings more TV shows to Prime Instant Video service

Amazon, Viacom deal brings more TV shows to Prime Instant Video service originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:39:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments


charlotte job fair job fairs in pittsburgh pa job fair in nyc

1 comment:

gman said...

Good for Amazon, it’s nice they can provide people with an alternative means to watch television when they don’t have a DVR or can’t afford one. Of course this fin programming we all appreciate is primarily paid for by the advertising from live TV, which Neilson gauges. I have to admit though, I watch less and less live TV all the time, so I can see why Amazon decided to go this route. I’ve been watching TV online though way before they ever came up with their service, and many of the shows don’t require a subscription on dishonline.com. Since I work there I know that Dish has WAY more movies and TV shows to watch than most online sites, but I use it because my shows like “The Hills” and “The Colbert Report” are among my favorites from Viacom and while I’m traveling it is a convenient way to get them in. The site is even mobile compatible now from what I hear which I will try the next chance I get.

Post a Comment

MY chicago bulls blogs